About the Role
Wuikinuxv Health Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Informs the Executive Director and Band Council of all health updates and discussion that are taking place with FNHA.
· Responsible for health human resources management including the recruitment, coordination, scheduling, performance evaluation, and the preparation of personnel and confidentiality policies and procedures specific to the Health Department.
· Development of new programs and preparation of proposals to meet identified community health needs including cost analysis and evaluations.
· Will sit on Health committee as ex-officio and will provide administrative support for the committee work.
· Prepares and presents monthly summary reports based on 4 M’s of Management (Manpower, Management, Materials and Money).
· Oversees and in cooperation with Finance dept. perform a monthly Finance and budget review, for proper financial accountability.
· Ensures record keeping is current and ensures all reporting required for funding sources are executed on time.
Will oversee scheduling of nurses, Community Health Representatives (CHR), Mental Health Worker, Alcohol and Drug Worker and other health related contracted service providers.
• Degree in health profession or health administration
• Experience in First Nations health services and management.
• Knowledge of financial software
• Must have good understanding and adhere to: General Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP), Funding Contribution Funding Agreements
• Awareness of the Wuikinuxv culture and community
• Executive administration: including the preparation and distribution of agendas, background material and minutes including strategic planning for Health Committee and as required for community engagement.
• Ensure that traditional and cultural health approaches are incorporated into all health service delivery and will collaborate with health professionals.
• Maintain good working relations and communication with external groups such as: FNHA (First Nations Health Authority), AANDC (Aboriginal Affairs and Northern Development Canada), Wuikinuxv Nation Council, local hospitals, and local health professionals
• Coordinate the development of emergency response planning procedures for the community.
• Oversee Full Cycle financial management of the Heath Programs and Services to ensure financial accountability and the efficient utilization of all health resources.
• Will lead by the example and demonstrate leadership, integrity, creativity, respect while achieving results by involving and empowering staff.
• Will develop strategic plans and long-term vision.
• Manage budget in an honourable and accountable manner.
• Valid BC Drivers Licence and reliable transportation
• Have strong proposal writing skills with demonstrated ability to secure as well as maintain funding for programs and services.
• Knowledge of Federal and Provincial funding partners
• Able to multitask and prioritize task efficiently.
A position in the Health Department is considered a position of trust. The selected candidate will be subject to a 3-month assessment with a 6-month probationary period at which time the performance of the candidate will be evaluated, and the decision made to continue the contract for the remainder of the year. At the end of that contract year, a further performance evaluation will be completed to determine whether the contract will be extended into the next year(s).
Salary Range: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
Interested individuals are encouraged to submit their Cover Letter and Resume to Malista McIntyre at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Health Director - <Name>”.
Job posting closed December 8, 2023
About the Company
This is placeholder text. To change this content, double-click on the element and click Change Content. Want to view and manage all your collections? Click on the Content Manager button in the Add panel on the left. Here, you can make changes to your content, add new fields, create dynamic pages and more. You can create as many collections as you need.
Your collection is already set up for you with fields and content. Add your own, or import content from a CSV file. Add fields for any type of content you want to display, such as rich text, images, videos and more. You can also collect and store information from your site visitors using input elements like custom forms and fields.
Be sure to click Sync after making changes in a collection, so visitors can see your newest content on your live site. Preview your site to check that all your elements are displaying content from the right collection fields.