Updated: Apr 25, 2021
Wuikinuxv Nation – Coastal Guardian Watchmen
The Guardian Watchmen play an important role in monitoring, enforcement, and management of Wuikinuxv Nation Territory. This work includes monitoring the ecological impacts of activities happening in the territory and upholding Wuikinuxv Nation policies and laws.
• Maintaining a presence throughout Wuikinuxv Nation Territory
• Monitor and report non-compliance resource activities
• Report and log monitoring data
• Monitor health of ecological and cultural values
• Work with other Stewardship Office staff to help achieve the goals of the Stewardship Department
• Build relationships with neighbours, resource users, government agencies and other visitors to Wuikinuxv Territory
• Care for and careful use of the CGW vessel, motors, vehicles and other equipment
• Conduct community outreach and education
• Certifications: Small Vessel Operator Proficiency, Marine Emergency Duties; Radio Operator Proficiency; and Marine Basic First Aid
• Stewardship Technicians Training Program is an asset
• Experience and understanding of the marine environment and natural resource stewardship
• Personal characteristics:
works well as part of a team;
• Physically able to carry out labour intensive duties and work long days
• Willingness to live seasonally in Wuikinuxv (Oweekeno) Village, Rivers Inlet (Kitat 1).
• Seasonal, full time, and part time positions available
• Wage – TBD based on experience (starting at $18/hr)
• Reports directly to Stewardship Director and works collaboratively with all members of the Stewardship Team.
• Full Job Description available upon request.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Andra Forney - Stewardship Director, Wuikinuxv Administration Office
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or At the Reception Desk in the Band Office